tram21
Established Member
Hiya folks,
Hope you can help me with this, it's not a big deal really but I'm seeing if they dealt with this correctly.
Back on the 24th November I was delayed on EMR Intercity due to the flooding around Market Harborough. My original train was curtailed from Kettering after arriving there 70 minutes late; thankfully I squeezed onto the train behind which was the last train of the day that was going to try and go through the flooding (at around 7pm) with all other services cancelled. I was travelling to Beeston, and this train wasn't scheduled to stop at Beeston. I messaged EMR and they advised to travel to Nottingham where a train would go towards Beeston. This left 20 minutes after arriving, and I finally made it to Beeston around 150 minutes late.
I submitted a delay repay claim for this asking for 120 minutes delay, as I was clearly 150 minutes late, which was approved 2 weeks later, but only for 60 minutes, giving me 50% back on my ticket. I naturally submitted an appeal, and fastforward a month, the appeal was denied.
I sent a message to EMR on X today, who said they will be able to reimburse me because 'they could see quite a few trains were cancelled'. My total ticket cost was £32.95. The reimbursement they gave has only taken the total to £30, so I am still missing £2.95.
While I am not particularly bothered about that £2.95, I am a little annoyed they didn't give the full amount which I definitely deserve, as I was 150 minutes late.
What do you recommend I do? Just leave it, or push it further?
Hope you can help me with this, it's not a big deal really but I'm seeing if they dealt with this correctly.
Back on the 24th November I was delayed on EMR Intercity due to the flooding around Market Harborough. My original train was curtailed from Kettering after arriving there 70 minutes late; thankfully I squeezed onto the train behind which was the last train of the day that was going to try and go through the flooding (at around 7pm) with all other services cancelled. I was travelling to Beeston, and this train wasn't scheduled to stop at Beeston. I messaged EMR and they advised to travel to Nottingham where a train would go towards Beeston. This left 20 minutes after arriving, and I finally made it to Beeston around 150 minutes late.
I submitted a delay repay claim for this asking for 120 minutes delay, as I was clearly 150 minutes late, which was approved 2 weeks later, but only for 60 minutes, giving me 50% back on my ticket. I naturally submitted an appeal, and fastforward a month, the appeal was denied.
I sent a message to EMR on X today, who said they will be able to reimburse me because 'they could see quite a few trains were cancelled'. My total ticket cost was £32.95. The reimbursement they gave has only taken the total to £30, so I am still missing £2.95.
While I am not particularly bothered about that £2.95, I am a little annoyed they didn't give the full amount which I definitely deserve, as I was 150 minutes late.
What do you recommend I do? Just leave it, or push it further?