A fault with 018 means the 04:47 Derby - St Pancras is cancelled this morning. Just goes to show the state of things when there is not one spare unit to replace 018 for the first service of the day at Etches Park . Knock on effect means the 07:35 STP - NOT is also cancelled.
We're yet to see any of the Long Marston tested units come into service yet, will be interesting to see whether they're any better than the original ones.Things don't appear to be improving despite the passage of time. These new trains appear to be fundamentally flawed and I wonder if they will ever come good.
It was 010 that failed, not 012012 has also developed problems this afternoon and taken out of service at Derby whilst on a run to St Pancras.
Where's that info from? It was only in service last nightApparently 222006 has now been moved into Litchurch.
As far an I am aware EMR are still getting 2 class 221s from somewhere, whether that's the collection in Litchurch or the pair that Grand Central have, I do not know, all I know is they're still getting a pair to help.Whether that coincides with the 221s coming on stream (seems unlikely from what I've read on here) or if there is a plan to introduce more 810s I don't know. What actually happened about the 810s being maintained out of Long Marston? Did that actually happen, or was it misreported and it's the rectification work that's happening there, not day to day maintenance?
221106 moved Litchurch Lane to Central Rivers the other day. Maybe that is oneAs far an I am aware EMR are still getting 2 class 221s from somewhere, whether that's the collection in Litchurch or the pair that Grand Central have, I do not know, all I know is they're still getting a pair to help.
As for the 810s, I suspect when it was said that they would be maintained out of Long Marston, someone was getting their ties crossed a little, they are still currently being maintained at Etches during regular service, and like you said the majority (if not all) the units will undergo additional modifications at some point (Like what happened to 019) to get the current issues somewhat resolved, and all new units will undergo additional testing at Long Marston before being delivered to EMR (such as what's happening with 810017 and 810020), and day-to-day maintenance will still be done out of Etches.