• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR Apprenticeship Talent Pool 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
15 Feb 2023
Messages
31
Morning folks, currently in the talent pool for EMR, I've been made aware there will be 5 courses running next year from January, then March etc... Anyone in the same boat and does anyone know a bit more about the process? Cheers :D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Matt123

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2023
Messages
22
Location
Nottingham
Morning folks, currently in the talent pool for EMR, I've been made aware there will be 5 courses running next year from January, then March etc... Anyone in the same boat and does anyone know a bit more about the process? Cheers :D
Hey, congratulations - I’m also in the talent pool. Last time I spoke to EMR they said they didn’t have exact dates but expected to be able to give out start dates from August.
 
Joined
15 Feb 2023
Messages
31
Hey, congratulations - I’m also in the talent pool. Last time I spoke to EMR they said they didn’t have exact dates but expected to be able to give out start dates from August.
Congratulations to you to! As soon as August? Didn't think we'd know that soon but if so that's excellent. :D when did you have your stage 2 OPC ?
 

Matt123

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2023
Messages
22
Location
Nottingham
Thanks! My stage 2 was 20th June, found out I’d passed by the end of the following day!
Hopefully we do find out in August, I can’t wait to start!
 

train101

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2020
Messages
15
Location
derbyshire
Anyone have any idea about how the apprenticeship works in terms of schedule?
You will start in the academy for 18 weeks, this is Monday - Friday, before moving on to your depot. There you will train with a mentor for roughly 5/6 weeks. Maybe less it depends on annual leave etc.
 

golfsareus

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2022
Messages
131
Location
London
You will start in the academy for 18 weeks, this is Monday - Friday, before moving on to your depot. There you will train with a mentor for roughly 5/6 weeks. Maybe less it depends on annual leave etc.
Not many tocs get the depot but done in 5/6 weeks 12/16 weeks will be of a realistic target for the mentor part I’d say
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top