Just been reading the Wikipedia article about this line and their plans for possible extension in the future, as I have fond memories of visiting as a kid.
The first stage seems to be to connect to Skipton, 2 miles west. Then potential expansion southeast from Bolton Abbey to Addingham, and in an ideal world, all the way to Ilkley, which is highly unlikely.
I was just wondering if anyone knew what stage they were at with any of these plans? Their website is only ever updated with info about specific upcoming events (the latest item on their news page is something like July 2013) and they don't have an official facebook presence so it's pretty hard to keep up with them, which is a shame.
I'm particularly interested to know what's happening with the trackbed to Addingham. There was talk of rebuilding a bridge abbutment and apparently Sustrans wanted to make the trackbed into a cycle path but again, I've not heard any further news on this.
Any info at all about any of their plans or projects gratefully appreciated!
The first stage seems to be to connect to Skipton, 2 miles west. Then potential expansion southeast from Bolton Abbey to Addingham, and in an ideal world, all the way to Ilkley, which is highly unlikely.
I was just wondering if anyone knew what stage they were at with any of these plans? Their website is only ever updated with info about specific upcoming events (the latest item on their news page is something like July 2013) and they don't have an official facebook presence so it's pretty hard to keep up with them, which is a shame.
I'm particularly interested to know what's happening with the trackbed to Addingham. There was talk of rebuilding a bridge abbutment and apparently Sustrans wanted to make the trackbed into a cycle path but again, I've not heard any further news on this.
Any info at all about any of their plans or projects gratefully appreciated!