• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Elizabeth line / Crossrail livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acton1991

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2019
Messages
391
Hi all - I’ve been thinking about this for a while (sad I know!) and would love to get your thoughts…

Did TfL miss a trick with the Elizabeth line livery?

To me, it’s very bland, dull and doesn’t follow the same standards as the other modes within TfL.

Would something more akin to London Overground be more appropriate, albeit with purple instead of orange? Is there another reason why we see a different style livery?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sm5

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2016
Messages
1,013
Hi all - I’ve been thinking about this for a while (sad I know!) and would love to get your thoughts…

Did TfL miss a trick with the Elizabeth line livery?

To me, it’s very bland, dull and doesn’t follow the same standards as the other modes within TfL.

Would something more akin to London Overground be more appropriate, albeit with purple instead of orange? Is there another reason why we see a different style livery?
Thameslink livery isn't exactly the most inspiring either.

The purple interior of the 345’s is quite nice, and gives it that colour coded tube line feel, that will be important going forwards.
 

Acton1991

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2019
Messages
391
Have you seen the new DLR livery? It's very similar to the Class 345s.
Interesting! Can’t say I have seen that, thanks for sharing. Does seem more akin to the Crossrail units.

I wonder what they have in store for Overground once Sadiq re-brands them to individual lines… would be a shame to lose their similarity to the tube in my opinion!
 

Domh245

Established Member
Joined
6 Apr 2013
Messages
8,426
Location
nowhere
I wonder what they have in store for Overground once Sadiq re-brands them to individual lines… would be a shame to lose their similarity to the tube in my opinion!

I would think it'll still be a common livery, as the trains will still have to work across multiple lines.

We already know what livery they'll be using for the next few years as it's what the 710s were delivered in, and what the 378s have been repainted into!
 

Mikey C

Established Member
Joined
11 Feb 2013
Messages
8,272
Hi all - I’ve been thinking about this for a while (sad I know!) and would love to get your thoughts…

Did TfL miss a trick with the Elizabeth line livery?

To me, it’s very bland, dull and doesn’t follow the same standards as the other modes within TfL.

Would something more akin to London Overground be more appropriate, albeit with purple instead of orange? Is there another reason why we see a different style livery?
Looks fine to me, much better than the incredibly dull Thameslink non livery!

Indeed the use of purple, inside and outside, ties in well with the whole Crossrail/Elizabeth Line branding
 

Acton1991

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2019
Messages
391
Looks fine to me, much better than the incredibly dull Thameslink non livery!

Indeed the use of purple, inside and outside, ties in well with the whole Crossrail/Elizabeth Line branding
I feel like a dark blue belly, with a purple accent strip and purple doors would have looked far better. The current livery looks unfinished to me.
 

Turtle

Member
Joined
18 Mar 2013
Messages
468
Looks fine to me, much better than the incredibly dull Thameslink non livery!

Indeed the use of purple, inside and outside, ties in well with the whole Crossrail/Elizabeth Line branding
Practically anything would look better than Thameslink's dual livery of dirty white and faded grubby grey!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top