• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Elizabeth line core platform judgements and improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2016
Messages
751
Location
London
I’m sure similar thread might have been posted but I can’t find it so made this one.

I’ve been using the Elizabeth core section a few times this week. I have seen online that people have complained that the concrete panels stain so are a bad design choice. I’m not sure about that, I think maybe it was designed minimally so that TfL could adapt the platforms overtime to better suit the passengers. Also it’s much less dusty than the tube mostly so might end up starting mostly clean for a long time.

So far minor things I found could be improved is that it seems easy to align the signage with most of the platform screen doors so they could’ve done it at every station. Idk if that’s a better decision, it suits travelling at quieter times.

At Paddington it was my first time using the entrance. I found the glass roof seems to create a greenhouse effect. But it was a sunny day that I used it. Also the artwork on the glass looked a bit tacky, maybe because it wasn’t the best maintained. Maybe it looks better on cloudier days?

I’ve noticed a few times when going down to the platforms that people run to the platform even if the first train is scheduled for 5 mins, so I think in the concourse area, before the platforms there should be displays to show the next train. Probably an issue because the platforms and concourse are much bigger than most tube platform and concourses. But then I think people would still rush more if it was more obvious that a train was coming. Maybe the concourse, before the platform should be designed to be more open to the platform to discourage unnecessary rushing.

Maybe the platform exits should be placed slightly different places as well to discourage rushing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top