• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Electrify more train lines between cities to cut carbon and congestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
2 Dec 2008
Messages
46
Location
Cheshire
All I can say John Deere is that if you think that our political parties are socially left wing you should read The Spirit Level by Wilkinson and Pickett.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Swift-Deere

Member
Joined
20 Sep 2009
Messages
316
Location
St Helens, UK
All I can say John Deere is that if you think that our political parties are socially left wing you should read The Spirit Level by Wilkinson and Pickett.

My names not John Deere lol its a tractor ferm http://www.deere.com/en_US/deerecom/usa_canada.html

Had a brief look at a article on the book your talking about it looked like it was a study of how inequality changes society, can you please explain more about what it says?
 

Toots

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2009
Messages
275
There seems to be a failure to look for example at Papua New Guinea, which is basically a Country sat on an oil well, which is why Simon Mann and the other mercenaries were recently released.
Papua New Guinea does indeed have oil,but I'll think you will find that Simon Mann was actually released from Equatorial Guinea which is in Africa.
 

Old Timer

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
3,702
Location
On a plane somewhere at 35,000
Papua New Guinea does indeed have oil,but I'll think you will find that Simon Mann was actually released from Equatorial Guinea which is in Africa.
Hello Toots, you are of course corect.

What a wally I am because it was Equatorial New Guinea I meant :oops::oops::oops:

Too much port again I think !

Thank you.
 

Toots

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2009
Messages
275
Your not the first to get the two mixed up OT;).Oddly,if my memory serves me correctly,according to Tim Spicer's book,Sandline,which I think Simon Mann was involved with at one point was indeed involved in Papua New Guinea,albeit under different but just as chaotic circumstances....
 
Last edited:

Old Timer

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
3,702
Location
On a plane somewhere at 35,000
Your not the first to get the two mixed up OT;).Oddly,if my memory serves me correctly,according to Tim Spicer's book,Sandline,which I think Simon Mann was involved with at one point was indeed involved in Papua New Guinea,albeit under different but just as chaotic circumstances....
It was a silly unforgivable error on my part chap, as I had listened at length to the Simon Mann story and done some research which revelaed that the reason for his release was a potential oil deal. I guess New Guinea came quicker to the brain :oops::oops::oops::oops:





Before going off on rightwing rambles, do some research!

Peak Oil is NOT about running out of oil. Saying that there are big oil fields here and big oil fields there is completely missing the point.
I do my research, sufficient to know that firstly every prediction that Matt Savinar has every made has ever made has flopped, and sufficient to know that although his theories have been taken up by the so called Leftist "Intelligensia" plus those whose agendas the theory suits, his theories have actually been debunked for what they are.

There are various sites that take his theories apart if you can be bothered but if we take them as predicted then actually we are not here :roll::roll:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top