Class15
Established Member
Hi all,
I am currently writing an article about rail freight in the UK, and I’m making reference to the Gospel Oak to Barking electrification which has been very poorly used by freight since it was finished. Am I correct that electric freight has consisted of the following:
Current:
DRS 88-hauled Tesco train Daventry to Tilbury (4L48/4M77)
Former:
DRS 88-hauled car train Dagenham to Garston (6X43) - return working 6L48 went via Camden (ended and transferred to GBRf Jan 2023)
DRS 88-hauled ‘refrigerator’ Tesco train Coatbridge to Tilbury (4L10/4S10) (ended late 2022?)
Fliner 90-hauled intermodal Felixstowe to Ditton (4M88) (ended March 2025)
DBC 90-hauled car train Dagenham to Mossend (6L35/6X77) (ended 2019?)
Did any Freightliner Tilbury-WCML liners take the GOBLIN, or had they already transferred to London Gateway by the completion of wiring?
Future:
I suspect 99s but can anyone confirm/deny this?
4M88 is widely expected to return in the next few months as Felixstowe recovers.
Many thanks for any help filling in the blanks!
I am currently writing an article about rail freight in the UK, and I’m making reference to the Gospel Oak to Barking electrification which has been very poorly used by freight since it was finished. Am I correct that electric freight has consisted of the following:
Current:
DRS 88-hauled Tesco train Daventry to Tilbury (4L48/4M77)
Former:
DRS 88-hauled car train Dagenham to Garston (6X43) - return working 6L48 went via Camden (ended and transferred to GBRf Jan 2023)
DRS 88-hauled ‘refrigerator’ Tesco train Coatbridge to Tilbury (4L10/4S10) (ended late 2022?)
Fliner 90-hauled intermodal Felixstowe to Ditton (4M88) (ended March 2025)
DBC 90-hauled car train Dagenham to Mossend (6L35/6X77) (ended 2019?)
Did any Freightliner Tilbury-WCML liners take the GOBLIN, or had they already transferred to London Gateway by the completion of wiring?
Future:
I suspect 99s but can anyone confirm/deny this?
4M88 is widely expected to return in the next few months as Felixstowe recovers.
Many thanks for any help filling in the blanks!