• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Effect on buses of London road closures

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2016
Messages
4,195
I wonder how buses will cope when central London roads are closed in the next few weeks

I envisage two problems

Capacity
and
Roads being so rammed with pedestrians, making it dangerous to run buses.

Approx 25 years ago Camden high St. was closed to all traffic except buses for an experimental period, this was abandoned after a very short time because crowds flooded the road and made it dangerous and slow trying to run a service.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,774
Location
Yorkshire
I wonder how buses will cope when central London roads are closed in the next few weeks

I envisage two problems

Capacity
and
Roads being so rammed with pedestrians, making it dangerous to run buses.

Approx 25 years ago Camden high St. was closed to all traffic except buses for an experimental period, this was abandoned after a very short time because crowds flooded the road and made it dangerous and slow trying to run a service.

Which Central London roads are being closed?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top