Blindtraveler
Established Member
- Joined
- 28 Feb 2011
- Messages
- 10,544
Hi. Am considdering doing Gyle>City Centre>Airport>City Centre starting on the 05:00x Gyle on Saturday. Anyone joining me?
I'm working, so I can't.
fiver says your bus will carry more people and have less chance of going wrong!
Two of the three buses I'll be driving are a 24 and a 29, so the first part is fairly certain.
haha. Off topic I notice theyv ordered 25 B5TLs after the trial. Having recently moved to Muirhouse I had a couple of goes on the 27 demonstrater and liked it other than the hills which seamed a slog.
Sounds about right.
The demonstrator will be around for quite a while yet, but I think it's supposed to be going out on other routes instead.
I'm not sure about it, but I've not had a chance to drive it yet, though I probably won't anyway.
Sadly I will be in Norfolk on Saturday, but the trams are on my hit-list to cover (maybe just to the last station before the airport as that airport leg is quite pricey)
My apologies... but what the hell is with the pricing there for that one stop!? Am I missing something?
From Ingliston inwards, they're priced the same as the normal service buses, so £1.50 single flat fare.
To the airport, they're competing with the Airlink, which costs £4 single or £7 return (meaning the tram is more expensive).
So York Place to Ingliston would be £1.50 single? But Ingliston to the Airport would be £5 single?
As per: http://edinburghtrams.com/tickets/cash-fares