eoff
Member
I'm planning a trip to Ostrava from Edinburgh in November and the options are not great.
One option is to fly to Vienna and get a train, this has the advantage that you can start the journey by train at Vienna Airport instead of bus to train transfers from say Prague.
Can anyone offer advice on the best site to research and purchase a train ticket?
I found https://www.cd.cz/en/default.htm
I was looking at the faster direct connections (EuroCity?)
I see that trainline also offers tickets but it is not consistent with the site above in saying that you can choose any seat instead of saying you need a reservation.
I think I also need a flexible ticket on the outbound in case the plane is delayed.
One option is to fly to Vienna and get a train, this has the advantage that you can start the journey by train at Vienna Airport instead of bus to train transfers from say Prague.
Can anyone offer advice on the best site to research and purchase a train ticket?
I found https://www.cd.cz/en/default.htm
I was looking at the faster direct connections (EuroCity?)
I see that trainline also offers tickets but it is not consistent with the site above in saying that you can choose any seat instead of saying you need a reservation.
I think I also need a flexible ticket on the outbound in case the plane is delayed.