• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh to MKC 12th January (Avanti Strikes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjanvil

Member
Joined
6 Mar 2012
Messages
23
I used my Club Avanti voucher with Avanti to book a free return from MKC to Edinburgh returning 12th Jan. I'm actually going to Dundee to booked returns from Edinburgh to Dundee too with Scotrail. Now the strike timetable has been given what are my options as Avanti are no longer going to Edinburgh on strike days. Can I use a TPE service to connect at Carlisle? I don't really want to travel a day earlier as I already have Advanced tickets with Scotrail and a non refundable hotel in Dundee. Also if I travelled a day later I'd have to find another hotel. Does anyone know what happens if you request a refund of a Club Avanti free ticket voucher?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,991
Location
Airedale
If you want to make the journey home on 12th, your simplest solution is to head to Glasgow Queen St and walk or catch the free bus across to Central.

(If you have a flexible ticket on Scotrail, it's valid as far as Stirling/Larbert on the Glasgow train.) EDIT: sorry, you have Advances.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top