thealexweb
Member
- Joined
- 5 Jan 2014
- Messages
- 1,106
I am booking a short notice day trip from Edinburgh Waverley to Bolton, I have booked to travel on Tuesday 3rd November. On my outward journey, I am travelling on the 06:15 TPE Edinburgh Waverley to Preston and changing on to the 09:05 TPE Preston to Bolton. On my return journey, I am travelling on the 19:10 TPE Bolton to Preston and changing on to the 19:53 VTWC Preston to Edinburgh Waverley.
I have never travelled with a non-folding bicycle before and I am in need of some advice. As I am travelling with multiple TOCs, do I need to phone up both operators separately to book cycle storage? And can it be done from any manned station?
I am also curious about what would happen if I did not book cycle storage. And what would happen if I did book cycle storage and none was available / unoccupied? If I was not allowed to travel on my booked service where would that leave me as I am travelling on advance purchase tickets.
Thank you in advance.
Edit: Do the Northern Rail 156s TPE are using between Preston and Bolton even have cycle storage?
I have never travelled with a non-folding bicycle before and I am in need of some advice. As I am travelling with multiple TOCs, do I need to phone up both operators separately to book cycle storage? And can it be done from any manned station?
I am also curious about what would happen if I did not book cycle storage. And what would happen if I did book cycle storage and none was available / unoccupied? If I was not allowed to travel on my booked service where would that leave me as I am travelling on advance purchase tickets.
Thank you in advance.
Edit: Do the Northern Rail 156s TPE are using between Preston and Bolton even have cycle storage?