Whilst I agree that the relevant Edinburgh page does not state anything about exclusions and map show the airport as in the acceptance 'zone', this page at least states Edinburgh Airport is excluded:Does the Edinburgh Plusbus scheme let you travel to the airport ?
I vaguely seeing somewhere that it does not, but looking on the map from the Plusbus site, it looks as if it does now
We're sorry but PlusBus cannot be used to travel to/from Edinburgh or Glasgow Airports.
For others benefit the 200 and 400 numbers are being dropped and renumbered 17 and 18. As you say there will no logic in excluding those services from PlusBus but I presume this will need to formally amended. Don't know who is "in charge" of PlusBus? Never really thought about it before. Also I'm sure you can buy a through rail ticket to Edinburgh Airport but I'm not sure what mode of transport is allowed for the final bit of the journey. Tram only? Or tram or bus?I wonder will this change with the introduction on services 17 & 18? Standard fare services so why shouldn't plusbus be accepted?
Is the rail ticket to Edinburgh Airport via Edinburgh Gateway only?For others benefit the 200 and 400 numbers are being dropped and renumbered 17 and 18. As you say there will no logic in excluding those services from PlusBus but I presume this will need to formally amended. Don't know who is "in charge" of PlusBus? Never really thought about it before. Also I'm sure you can buy a through rail ticket to Edinburgh Airport but I'm not sure what mode of transport is allowed for the final bit of the journey. Tram only? Or tram or bus?
I don't know. Just had a look at brfares.com and put in Newcastle to EDA (described as Edinburgh Airport Bus/Tram) and Dundee to EDA. Both say "no fares available" with a Senior Railcard. Was going to ask how one goes about buying a through ticket and then thought - what if I don't use a Railcard. Bingo it works. But for anyone using a Railcard it's far cheaper to buy a ticket to Waverley and then buy a separate ticket to airport by bus or tram. Seems such complicated and illogical pricingIs the rail ticket to Edinburgh Airport via Edinburgh Gateway only?
Is the rail ticket to Edinburgh Airport via Edinburgh Gateway only?

Way higher than the coach services offered direct from Dundee - including Ember which gives you a tram ride included in the fare via Ingliston P&R.
I wonder will this change with the introduction on services 17 & 18? Standard fare services so why shouldn't plusbus be accepted?
Not sure about Edinburgh, but Glasgow is so high because the airport gets a cut of the ticket prices.On the days my wife and I didn't have PlusBus tickets, we bought all-day tickets for £5.00.
This also gave unlimited bus / tram travel.
Looking on their website, this is now £5.50, which still isn't too bad.
However, if you want to travel to the airport .. one stop after Ingliston Park & Ride, the ticket is a whopping £12.50
I recently saw on a YT video, actually a chap commenting .. it's nice to see transport companies not ripping people off, when traveling to / from the airport .. he was referring to a European capital city, not here in the UK
Yes, don't blame you the bus companies. I'm pretty sure Edinburgh airport charges a hefty fee (which is commercially confidential) for all buses to access their property via their private roads. If anyone knows I'd be interested in whether they've relaxed or removed their fees for the two Lothian services that have reduced in price from today.Not sure about Edinburgh, but Glasgow is so high because the airport gets a cut of the ticket prices.