renegademaster
Established Member
Went on a coach today, seemed roughly about 30 passengers. The journey time was 3 hours. I paid about £15 , and with only 30 passengers , assuming that everyone paid the same (that might be the incorrect assumption, but I only bought the tickets 4 days before), that would make national express £450 , that seems quite low. Coach Drivers are relatively well paid are they not, 3 hours of driving plus whatever positioning time can't be cheap, nor can the fuel.
In my experience that was one of the more busy coach trips that I have been on, many been only 15 or so on a 50 seat coach. My impression was that coaches are purely commerical and don't receive subsidy , is that correct?
In my experience that was one of the more busy coach trips that I have been on, many been only 15 or so on a 50 seat coach. My impression was that coaches are purely commerical and don't receive subsidy , is that correct?