Good use of regulation there,
Tell me about it! I think we overtook the "offending" service on the way south at a 4 track section, so it probably didn't cause us too many problems
However, what did cause us problems was the fact that the signalling problem had taken out platforms 8-11 (may have included 7 as well, I now forget) from use so everything was stacked up outside the station so we were held there a little longer as platforms needed clearing first.
We eventually arrived 37 down into platform 0 with most of the platforms stacked out with trans (platforms 1 and 2 also had EC sets in and then GC that went in front previously was also there somewhere, amongst everything else that needs platform space)
Not at Peterborough though

usually the FCCs get held for everyone else to get past!!
Looking at the quote, I think the poster meant it was unusual for GC to get priority. What was slightly more annoying was that we'd been advised by the guard that he had been advised we would be out after the FCC...I just think someone had it in for us...in the platform off the main line, out of the way of other traffic and probably temporarily out of mind :P