Yes, certainly better than a bus service.
The X5 is no simple bus service, it's a very high quality coach service which is vastly superior to an hour in a 3+2 seated, badly vandalised Brummie 150 or a 2+2 midget-seated 153.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
that i did not know! I assumed the centre was part of the plan, if not the snow dome.
The centre was, but the station wasn't.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
'The idea' is indeed what the longer-term scheme is aiming to delivery, i.e. Oxford-Bedford-Cambridge connectivity.
The idea very much includes MK, because it is the largest town on the arc, has significant inward commuting mostly by car, and Oxford-Cambridge is faster via London anyway.
It's basically a rail-based, higher capacity X5. The flows will be broadly similar.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The ideal is to get from Oxford to Bedford direct as possible in the 1st instance.
No, it isn't. There is half of naff all demand for that journey. Look at the loadings on the X5.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As I understand it buses are rubbish at the moment, but does it have to be that way?
The buses are probably best described as average. Certainly improved from the Julian Peddle days in which they indeed were a very basic service indeed.
The main reason they are looked down upon is that because of the clear, high-speed roads and cycleways, other modes are much better than elsewhere.
Indeed, if I had to give up my car, I'd be lost without a bike in MK, or I'd be using a lot of taxis.
And how far is Bletchley from MKC?
About 4 miles I think.