• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Trains Customer Services Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCW

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2011
Messages
699
Location
Leicester UK
Hello all,

I spotted this job whilst off chance browsing on sunday night, and I have subsequently completed the application form and sent it off.

What I would love to know is, they mention a SCAAT test and I have no clue what the proceedings of such a test are, I understand it is essential for the role and safety of the role but I would love to know what one of these tests contain.

I'm also worried about the amount of people with experience already who have also applied for the job, I think its high by a long shot! :lol:

the position is at Leicester Station btw.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2011
Messages
1,490
Hi MCW. The SCAAT test is, I think, similar to the Group Bourdon test except that it's focussed on letters or shapes. I found this on the OPC website: http://www.theopc.co.uk/tests/safety/detail.jsp?gfx1=scaat-[600px].jpg&id=23

IIRC, several years ago I bought a wordsearch book and asked a friend to pick a letter and time me marking off that letter (1 minute per wordsearch). He then asked me to mark off the same letter and an additional one on the next attempt. On the 3rd, he asked me to mark something completely different.

Worked for me, although I failed on the mechanical test (trainee driver role) :roll::cry:

Not sure if there are any practice materials.

In terms of experience, try and think of examples of when you have done things in real life that may assist you for this role e.g. provided excellent service to someone, dealt with a complaint, dealt calmly under pressure etc. It's not necessarily experience of working in the industry that counts, but skills you can transfer from your own experiences.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top