• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Trains 222/St. Pancras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2006
Messages
6,015
Good pictures. I see 222017 is out of Derby now after the stuff about the percentage of yellow and all that.

The first one is the best. It's nice to see it so close up and clear. Although, I still prefer the MML livery.
 

richa2002

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,298
Thanks :). I agree about the first one being the best really. I unfortunately couldn't get onto the platform with 222017 on because it was due to leave on a service quite soon and I had no ticket for it!
 

Gizmogle

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2006
Messages
6,015
Yes, well, MML/EMT (I don't wanna call them EMT :() don't actually let you onto platforms when trains are arriving or departing even if you do have a ticket.
 

Gizmogle

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2006
Messages
6,015
Most don't bother though. I can understand when a train arrives and everyone has to exit via a small gateway.
But departing?
If you're running at the train, then they should stop you from endangering yourself.
But if you're calmly walking over for a phot of the train leaving, I don't see the problem.
 

richa2002

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,298
Yeah, would have most probably let me on if I'd asked but couldn't be bothered hehe.
 

Gizmogle

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2006
Messages
6,015
I've asked before and they've said no.

Just asked if I could get the number/take a photo and they never let me. It's happened a few times now.
 

class 313

Established Member
Joined
10 Dec 2005
Messages
6,475
Location
St Albans
I've asked before and they've said no.

Just asked if I could get the number/take a photo and they never let me. It's happened a few times now.

You're taking up space but not getting on the train, and could stop people who want to get on, get on.
 

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
If you're running at the train, then they should stop you from endangering yourself.
But if you're calmly walking over for a phot of the train leaving, I don't see the problem.

It seems silly. Probably equality for all or some other bollocks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top