• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Depot Driver interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua

New Member
Joined
23 May 2018
Messages
3
Hello folks,

I’m hoping you can help! Apologies if anything has been posted before like this...

I recently applied to be a depot driver at EMT. I passed the paper sift and got through to stage 1, which I passed to an “enhanced standard” (don’t know what that means). I’ve now been invited to an interview on Tuesday next week and have no idea what to expect. I also thought there was another stage of testing before they invite you to the interview stage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
Hi there Joshua,

Congratulations on passing your Stage One! :)
At the interview, expect to be asked competency-based questions about situations you've been in, which utilize the competencies of a train driver. You'll be asked to demonstrate those skills in your answers.
You'll also be asked (as is typical in most interviews) about your knowledge of EMT.

My interview was quite relaxed, but the questions you'll be asked will require deep and knowledgeable responses.

If you pass the interview, you'll then move on to sit the second stage of assessments. :)


Good luck Joshua, and welcome to the forum!
 

Joshua

New Member
Joined
23 May 2018
Messages
3
Hi there Joshua,

Congratulations on passing your Stage One! :)
At the interview, expect to be asked competency-based questions about situations you've been in, which utilize the competencies of a train driver. You'll be asked to demonstrate those skills in your answers.
You'll also be asked (as is typical in most interviews) about your knowledge of EMT.

My interview was quite relaxed, but the questions you'll be asked will require deep and knowledgeable responses.

If you pass the interview, you'll then move on to sit the second stage of assessments. :)


Good luck Joshua, and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for responding! I’m quite nervous about what to expect. I’ve been emergency services based for the past four years, so obviously this role is quite different. From your knowledge, how many people get through to the interview stage? Am I getting overexcited or do they interview quite a lot of people?

Thanks again!
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
I believe EMT have one of the highest enhanced standards for Stage One, so statistically, only a small number of people will have made it past Stage One.
It's hard to say how many people EMT will progress past the interview stage, as it depends on how many people they intend on setting on, and whether they are active vacancies or talent pool vacancies. Nonetheless, you should be very proud of making it to the interview stage, as not many people do!
With your emergency services background, I reckon you will have ample experiences to draw upon in your interview too, and there are loads of example questions dotted around on this forum, so you're in the right place! Look them up, and start preparing answers for them structured in the STAR format, which stands for Situation, Task, Action, Result. :D This should help prepare you nicely for your interview.

As mentioned in my last post, if you're successful at this interview, you will progress to the next stage which will involve some computer tests and another structured interview.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top