• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Lancs Autumn Steam W-End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spam Can

Member
Joined
1 Apr 2011
Messages
68
Location
morecambe bay
Visited East Lancs railway yesterday, Sunday, Oct 21st for their Autumn steam w-end. As usual could'nt fault the organisation, staff and locos on offer.
Pity same cant be said for some of the so called photographers, especialy those at the north end of the uncoverd platform, beyond the bridge, opposite the second hand book stalls etc. A small number were, to say the least, pushy, ignorant, in some cases, bloody minded and generaly totaly selfish!, especialy those who have small, digital compacts, without viewfinders and just hold them out infront of everybody else and obscure their view!
You know who you are!!! (For god sake buy an Slr, you'll get better pictures)<D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jonfun

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2007
Messages
1,254
Location
North West
As much as I would like to see everybody being as polite as the bowler-hatted stereotype of an English gentleman, I can't help but think that the old saying "you snooze, you lose" comes in - and why should it matter what type of camera you have? Just because you have a high end digital camera doesn't entitle you to jump the queue and get the best shots.

I can't be doing with the whole attitude of "I'm an enthusiast so I should get priority" - I genuinely apologise Spam if that wasn't the intention of your post, however that is how it comes across. As a photographer myself, if you're ending up in a situation where x amount of other people are trying to get the same shot as you, then perhaps it's time to try and get a different one.

Jez
 

Spam Can

Member
Joined
1 Apr 2011
Messages
68
Location
morecambe bay
Jez, dont expect to get priority, but if I (or anyone else) has positioned themselves to get a shot, taken the time(no matter how short) to set it up properly & then someone just comes & stands in front of you, totaly obscuring your view-well I would'nt do it & maybe foolishly expect other people not to!
Yes I am a little spoilt in so much as I am a professional wedding photographer & as such people dont tend to stand in front of my camera (& if they do..well!!!)
Its the 1st time this has happend so blatently (at any railway) & I thought it was worth commenting on!
 

CarltonA

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2012
Messages
878
Location
Thames Valley
You can get some strange behaviour on occasion, the twits flapping their arms out of the windows on railtours deliberately trying to spoil someones shot for example. There was even a volunteer guard who did a Harry Worth impression at Quainton Road once to try and sabotage my efforts. Worst of all are the camcorder hogs who seem to think they should get preference over several pesky photographers. I don't bother much now and prefer to just chill at preserved railways and enjoy the scene with no photo stress.
 

melena

Member
Joined
12 Oct 2011
Messages
63
It happens to everyone with a camera, where theres crowds there'll always be someone somehow getting in the way whether its done intentionally or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top