(Apologies of length of post)
After about 15 years of commuting from Tonbridge to Cannon Street I have recently changed jobs and am now travelling to East Croydon instead, which from a transport perspective is a very pleasant change.
As a cyclist I sometimes prefer to get off at Leigh or Penshurst instead of Tonbridge, in order to cycle a bit further. Naturally, this means I have to have my bike with me which, although strictly speaking is against the conditions of carriage, has yet to cause any problems in either direction. One of the benefits of taking a lightly-trafficked route I suppose.
Anyway, if I decided to alight at Edenbridge instead, my bike journey home would be about an hour which would make for a descent training ride.
However, East Croydon to Edenbridge is about 40 mins I think, whereas the train to Edenbridge Town is less than 25.
TLDR; are the services between East Croydon and Edenbridge Town quiet enough for me to take my bike without causing a fuss, or are they rammed like my old Southeastern commute?
Many thanks
After about 15 years of commuting from Tonbridge to Cannon Street I have recently changed jobs and am now travelling to East Croydon instead, which from a transport perspective is a very pleasant change.
As a cyclist I sometimes prefer to get off at Leigh or Penshurst instead of Tonbridge, in order to cycle a bit further. Naturally, this means I have to have my bike with me which, although strictly speaking is against the conditions of carriage, has yet to cause any problems in either direction. One of the benefits of taking a lightly-trafficked route I suppose.
Anyway, if I decided to alight at Edenbridge instead, my bike journey home would be about an hour which would make for a descent training ride.
However, East Croydon to Edenbridge is about 40 mins I think, whereas the train to Edenbridge Town is less than 25.
TLDR; are the services between East Croydon and Edenbridge Town quiet enough for me to take my bike without causing a fuss, or are they rammed like my old Southeastern commute?
Many thanks
