• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast's Hired In EMT set's workings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
I'm interested to know what the workings are for the East Midlands Trains HST currently on loan to East Coast is, I'm interested in both weekday and weekend workings.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotsman

Established Member
Joined
6 Jul 2010
Messages
3,252
Was working from NL vice a BN set, so mainly KGX-NCL/LDS

Went a bit out the window over Christmas when EMT weren't so fussed on where it ended up, hence the few overnighters to Aberdeen!
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,296
Well, East Coast and EMT have signed the paperwork that 1 set will be permanently transferred, but I'm just waiting to find out which set!
 

Failed Unit

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2009
Messages
9,825
Location
Central Belt
Was on 0840 Leeds - London. 1230 london - Newcastle. 1655 Newcastle - London. 2130 London - Leeds as most normal diagram Monday - Friday.

I guess they try to keep it out of Scotland to avoid overcrowding.

I wonder when it is transferred if it will get an extra coach or if it will be daigrammed for lighter loaded trains.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
But not tonight. 2x EC HSTs in kings cross.
 

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
The EMT set worked the 0700 Hull - Kings Cross this morning, saw it at Grantham.
 

silentone

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2010
Messages
283
That set works any diagram and has frequently been to Aberdeen since Christmas.

It is also a full set and doesn't require extra carriages, but it is labelled differently for seats and carriage letters.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Okay thanks guys, it's just useful to know what the most comfortable HST on the ECML works.

That being said, the last EMT HST I used on a EC service was advertised as having wifi, will the EMT wifi specification remain on this set that's joining EC full time or will EC want their wifi specification to be available?
 

Failed Unit

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2009
Messages
9,825
Location
Central Belt
The EMT set worked the 0700 Hull - Kings Cross this morning, saw it at Grantham.

I think that is the diagram that normally goes to Inverness? One of those things never saw it heading South but when passing trains at high speed I often just see white and think Hst. At least if it was on the Inverness service you will know where it is today :).

I haven't been on a MML set since stagecoach. Has anything changed since national express apart from new covers and carpets? Be interest if normal passengers think it is worse or nicer.
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,296
That set works any diagram and has frequently been to Aberdeen since Christmas.

It is also a full set and doesn't require extra carriages, but it is labelled differently for seats and carriage letters.

EMT have 8 coach HSTs, EC use 9. So, no it isn't a full set. Unless EMT let them pinch an extra coach from another HST
 

route:oxford

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
4,949
Someone posted recently elsewhere that the only HST stuff available is nearly all kitchen and buffet vehicles, except for three TGSs.

In the case of desperate measures, could a bogie swap be done with a MkII carriage along with a similar rewire recoupling as when the MKIII LHCS were converted to trailers?
 

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
5,466
Location
Cambridge
I think that is the diagram that normally goes to Inverness? One of those things never saw it heading South but when passing trains at high speed I often just see white and think Hst. At least if it was on the Inverness service you will know where it is today :).

I haven't been on a MML set since stagecoach. Has anything changed since national express apart from new covers and carpets? Be interest if normal passengers think it is worse or nicer.

No, I'm fairly sure that the morning Hull then works to Aberdeen. The southbound Inverness works to Hull before heading back to Neville Hill.
 

Benno

Member
Joined
28 Apr 2010
Messages
199
Well, East Coast and EMT have signed the paperwork that 1 set will be permanently transferred, but I'm just waiting to find out which set!

NL05 will be the likely set as it was the last in the queue to be fitted with Wi-Fi (which it will now not get)
 

Failed Unit

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2009
Messages
9,825
Location
Central Belt
It is currently on its "normal" working the 1655 Newcastle - London, as I was passing it I couldn't count how many coaches it had.

For interested does it have power points? Or will it be like the last MML sets east coast had where you had to hope your laptop had a full charge!
 

TomJ93

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2010
Messages
865
I'm after a picture of this at KX, but may not get to go to London for a while, how long will it be in the old livery for?
 

Tom B

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2005
Messages
4,680
Could a spare buffet car not be converted into a normal TSO or the like? Assuming that any carriage would need refurbished anyway; or is this beyond the realms of feasibility?
 

scotsman

Established Member
Joined
6 Jul 2010
Messages
3,252
No, I'm fairly sure that the morning Hull then works to Aberdeen. The southbound Inverness works to Hull before heading back to Neville Hill.
No, 0730 EDB-KGX works 1400 KGX-ABD

Unless, you mean the 1030 KGX-ABD?
 

Crossforth

Established Member
Joined
20 Aug 2009
Messages
1,337
Location
Lancashire
Could the two (?) power cars left in MML be the ones transferred to EC to save on painting costs?
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,296
Could a spare buffet car not be converted into a normal TSO or the like? Assuming that any carriage would need refurbished anyway; or is this beyond the realms of feasibility?

It has investigated into before, and it affects the structe of the body or something.
 

silentone

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2010
Messages
283
It is currently on its "normal" working the 1655 Newcastle - London, as I was passing it I couldn't count how many coaches it had.

For interested does it have power points? Or will it be like the last MML sets east coast had where you had to hope your laptop had a full charge!

Was this train possibly the one which caught fire today?
 

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
5,466
Location
Cambridge
No, 0730 EDB-KGX works 1400 KGX-ABD

Unless, you mean the 1030 KGX-ABD?

Apologies, looks like these diagrams must have changed. The Inverness certainly used to work the Hull in the evening but this looks not to be the case anymore. However, on Saturdays, it looks like the 0650 Hull-KGX does work the 1030 to Aberdeen.
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,296
Someone posted before thatit has been investigated for buffets as well
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top