shinkansen1966
Member
East Coast train services will be back in private hands after February 2015 and this has been discussed elsewhere on this forum.
But what's going to happen to the East Coast rewards scheme after then ? Is there any obligation for the selected private operator to maintain the scheme ? Or indeed honour members' existing rewards points ?
My guess is that the new private operator will not continue the scheme with time limits on EC rewards members' redeeming their points for free tickets.
Unless I'm mistaken, the DfT appear silent on this issue.
For instance, I have 1722 points equaling at least 6 free train tickets. So there's a fair bit of free rail travel out there which a future private company is going to have to honour, meaning a loss of revenue.
But what's going to happen to the East Coast rewards scheme after then ? Is there any obligation for the selected private operator to maintain the scheme ? Or indeed honour members' existing rewards points ?
My guess is that the new private operator will not continue the scheme with time limits on EC rewards members' redeeming their points for free tickets.
Unless I'm mistaken, the DfT appear silent on this issue.
For instance, I have 1722 points equaling at least 6 free train tickets. So there's a fair bit of free rail travel out there which a future private company is going to have to honour, meaning a loss of revenue.