Points are gathered regardless of which TOC you travel on as long as you book through the eastcoast.co.uk website. So even if you live off network, you can take advantage of the rewards points. Sure you would have to redeem them on East Coast travel, but there are other things like wine etc.At least you get rewarded - those of us who use other TOC's don't![]()
You do if you use RSH, or Southern (and other TOCs) through TopCashBackAt least you get rewarded - those of us who use other TOC's don't![]()
Only if you want one of the free tickets. If you're just applying for an eVoucher you can use it to book a journey with any TOC (on the EC website obviously).Sure you would have to redeem them on East Coast travel
You do if you use RSH, or Southern (and other TOCs) through TopCashBack
Only if you want one of the free tickets. If you're just applying for an eVoucher you can use it to book a journey with any TOC (on the EC website obviously).
Though the eVouchers are terrible value. Under the "old" system, spend £1000 on FC or £1500 on SC tickets to get a free First Class return for two and a couple of lounge passes (ideal anniversary/birthday present) or redeem for just £10 off other trains.
I have reedemed my 900 points for a First class ticket - I havent booked it yet as the services for some of my dates are not availablet but have reedemed it if I dont book it before the First Class singles are introduced will I lose them or will the be done as 2 x First class singles?
Thanks in advance for any help
We emailed you last Friday regarding the proposed changes to the Rewards scheme which were due to be implemented later this week.
We have received feedback from some Rewards members about these changes and as a result we have amended our plans slightly.
In particular, we have reduced the proposed Points values for the new single tickets to ensure they are kept at the same level as the current return tickets. So, a single ticket will be reduced to 250 Points for Standard and 450 Points for First Class, instead of the proposed 300 and 500 Points.
Additionally, to replace the current 'Ticket for Two' option which is being removed, we will be introducing a discount for redemptions of four single tickets. This means you will be able to redeem four First Class single tickets for 1400 Points (same as the current First Class return for two) and four Standard single tickets for 900 Points (same as the current Standard return for two).
We anticipate that these changes will be in place within the next fortnight, along with the other improvements we mentioned in our earlier email, including splitting tickets into singles, the free ticket finder tool and the ability to Print@Home. If you also have unused return tickets in your account we will also be splitting these into singles at the point we implement these changes. We will email you again in advance of the changes to let you know when they will take place.
We do hope that these developments meet with your satisfaction and we look forward to hearing your feedback once you have had the opportunity to make use of them.
I just got this email, after I'd "cut and run" a single return for 900. The b******s!
They should convert to 2 singles quite soon.
Or was you saving for a 1st return for 2?
4 first class singles for 1400 points is now very good value, I would say.
Excellent value.
In addition to being able to book different start and end points (I often go to Edinburgh and I prefer to catch the fast trains from King's Cross and return on the 16.30 to Stevenage) they can now be booked for a single person.
In other words, I get to use them twice where as before, as the name suggests, they were for two. A return is now effectively 700 (1400/2) and I can return to Stevenage; legitimately!!! Effectively 1 free tickets for every three and a half redemptions (900-1400/2=200 saving, 200*3.5=700=1 free ticket)![]()
Beware, the Northbound Chieftain (1636 ex-EDB) has become a "Scone Express" as reported by Butts in the EC FC Service thread. I hope the 1630 hasn't suffered a similar fate - that's always been one of my favourite southbound departures.
Wow, it appears that East Coast have listened to feedback!
Anyone know what has gone on with East Coast implementation of this? I have just gone into my account with the intention of converting 250 points into a free SC single ticket, but in the 'Use Your Points' section, this doesn't seem to be an option - all it offers is 1 x Return Standard Ticket for 500 points, which is rather annoying as it is not what I want!
East Coast Rewards said:Due to a technical hitch if you have made any eligible bookings since 28th November 2012 your Points balance may not include these Points earned. Please be assured the Points are safely stored and will make it into your account as soon as we can implement the solution. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. This may also delay processing evouchers redeemed since 28th November 2012.
Just got an email: all the changes are happening from tomorrow.
And to clarify, this means you'll be able to claim a STD signle ticket for 250 points (4 for 900) or 1ST for 450 (4 for 1400).
The free ticket availability checker should also appear tomorrow.
And to clarify, this means you'll be able to claim a STD signle ticket for 250 points (4 for 900) or 1ST for 450 (4 for 1400).
The free ticket availability checker should also appear tomorrow.
I thought they were increasing the price to 300 for standard?
I have redeemed my points for a standard return ticket. They must be used before the end of February.
Looking at the EC web site this morning, they have have *still* not converted my standard return ticket into 2 x single tickets.
What's going on ?
They've said it would be happening today, not by today. If it's still not been done by the end of today then I'd contact them.