SaveECRewards
Member
- Joined
- 22 Jan 2015
- Messages
- 737
You're not using nectar at all? You're the only one missing out there![]()
I don't think the current 0.5% at Sainsbury's is worth bothering with. I don't like carrying more than necessary and an extra card in my pocket that's so worthless is just extra clutter. The data they collect is valuable to them, so they need to give me something useful in return if they want me to make it easy for them.
As my typical spend at Sainsbury's is a £3 meal deal at lunch (1.5p in Nectar points) or maybe some beer/wine in the evening (maybe 10-20p in Nectar points) it just doesn't seem worth it at all.
I tend to shop based on convenience/location and whether they have what I want. I still bother with the Tesco card as the return is better, and I can transfer it to airline miles if I so choose. It's quite possible Tesco will see the Nectar changes as a green light to devalue their own scheme, in that case that card would go too.
As for those who still think Nectar is better than nothing. I still like to point out that they're better off buying tickets for other operators on a FirstGroup website as then they get points on everything.
Due to the 10x bonus on fuel I may have reconsidered using the card for that purpose if I was driving. As I like to say, VTEC picked a scheme that rewards driving!