• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast charity calendar 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
I've just got a hold of a 2014 calendar, whose 13 images have all been taken by EC staff (drivers, mainly). Proceeds all go to the 'Railway Children' charity.

The format is A4 landscape, a page per month, full colour, heavy gloss paper with spiral binding.

Very nice it is too. People are offering donations of £5 per copy on board.

Copies available from EC travel centres.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
I want to add that a couple of the photos will definitately appeal to RailUKForums members - which both feature snow! One is a front view of a Cl91 taken from the cab of a train approaching on the adjacent line in a blurry blizzard, and the other is of an A4 with snowflakes dusted over its boiler plate and chimney.

Anyone who's ever glimpsed the ruined red sandstone house in the little bay below the cliffs 5 miles north of Berwick will appreciate the May image.

All the images are by volunteer staff photographers - but the standard is not amateur.

I was also touched by the commentary by the 3 Union reps who were behind the project. Knowing many EC staff as I do, including some who are second or third generation railway workers and some partner teams working for the Company, I can confirm that they are people with a heart, and when they say they did it to support children who are suffering, I know it's true.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
For a fiver that sounds ideal for the office next year.

Cheers Dave.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top