• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast borrowing a XC HST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Anyone knows anything about East Coast being loaned a full XC HST?

Just seen it leave Peterborough on 1A43.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

96tommy

Member
Joined
18 May 2010
Messages
1,076
Location
London
I saw it last Thursday at Doncaster and Copmanthorpe. Definately not operating for Cross Country because one of there HSTs came through around 30 seconds before. I also saw it a Leeds tonight, did it have a East Coast buffet car?
 

philjo

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2009
Messages
3,021
I saw it at Newcastle working a Kings Cross Service on Monday last week.
I also saw it a couple of weeks ago going through Potters Bar.
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
This was working earlier on in the summer as well, thought there was a thread about it. I take it the EMT set is not being used by EC as well?
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
All I know the set was in full XC livery, the powercars were 43384/43301 and it was working XC01 diagram.

I believe it was working the 2200 ex Kings Cross to York tonight.
 

The Snap

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
3,156
Excuse my ignorance, but why is it that EC need to hire a set from XC? And indeed EMT as they did last month?

Ta,
 

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
9,671
So they have hired in two sets? saw the EMT fly south through grantham about 10 to 10 and a friend saw the AXC one at doncaste with EC buffet added
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
So they have hired in two sets? saw the EMT fly south through grantham about 10 to 10 and a friend saw the AXC one at doncaste with EC buffet added

The EMT set is working NL07 diagram and the XC set is working XC01 diagram as far as I know, however they do different routes ie for the last couple of weeks the EMT set has been working the 1655 ex Newcastle to Kings Cross but it's working the Leeds services all day today so looks like a EC HST will be working the 1655 today.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
I was traveling to London a Few weeks ago and a East Midlands Trains was working on behalf of East Coast

Yes it's the same loaned set which for the past two weeks has had the same powercars on both the XC and EMT rakes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top