http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/special-offers/3plus/
I looked at 3 people York-Edinburgh/Linlithgow and it won't give 1/3 off when I use the link provided, it just gives the normal price!
Does it work for anyone?
Oh, and the "Show slower services" and selecting EC & Connections doesn't work either, in one direction it insists on putting us on a rubbish plastic XC train that is very expensive, just because it leaves later and connects into the same train. We'd rather leave earlier and save £60 and travel on a real train!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I got the offer work. I think you have to exit the booking engine if you are already on it, and then click the link.
As for EC trying to force me to use plastic trains at more than double the price, I found that splitting the tickets at Alnmouth did the trick, as the XC does not call there. Not only that, but it actually reduced the price too, so it's actually about £2 less to go to Linlithgow (splitting tickets at Alnmouth) than it is just to Edinburgh on EC, and over £60 less than the through ticket on XC!
Our ticket system is utterly bonkers!
I looked at 3 people York-Edinburgh/Linlithgow and it won't give 1/3 off when I use the link provided, it just gives the normal price!
Does it work for anyone?
Oh, and the "Show slower services" and selecting EC & Connections doesn't work either, in one direction it insists on putting us on a rubbish plastic XC train that is very expensive, just because it leaves later and connects into the same train. We'd rather leave earlier and save £60 and travel on a real train!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I got the offer work. I think you have to exit the booking engine if you are already on it, and then click the link.
As for EC trying to force me to use plastic trains at more than double the price, I found that splitting the tickets at Alnmouth did the trick, as the XC does not call there. Not only that, but it actually reduced the price too, so it's actually about £2 less to go to Linlithgow (splitting tickets at Alnmouth) than it is just to Edinburgh on EC, and over £60 less than the through ticket on XC!
Our ticket system is utterly bonkers!