• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Boldon - proposed level crossings closures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinza-C55

Member
Joined
23 May 2015
Messages
1,035
That was lifted a good few years ago after the closing of the last deep mine. Harton Junction is the divergence just after Tyne Dock Metro. I suppose any of the two could be relaid, but they have talked about it for so many years, that's all it seems to be talk! I don't use the system, but from a neutral position, going the old route of the South Shields-Sunderland line would attract more passengers, and quicker.

I think the problem with reopening South Shields - Sunderland for the Metro is that it would saturate the line with extra traffic, in particular Sunderland station.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top