PeterY
Established Member
- Joined
- 2 Apr 2013
- Messages
- 1,363
I'm getting the bug for traveling by rail using rover tickets,
I had a day in East Anglia.
The plan was to start the rover in Cambridge then the following route, Norwich, Sheringham, Norwich, Lowestoft, Ipswich and back to Cambridge but due problems with the swing bridge at Reedham I had to change my plans. After the Lowestoft train was cancelled I went direct to Ipswich.
My aim is to try and do as much new track as possible, so I lost out from Norwich to Lowestoft and Lowestoft to Ipswich. So I'll try another day but take in the Felixstowe branch as well.
New class traveled in, was a 170. I found them very comfortable with general good views out of the windows.
The plan was to start the rover in Cambridge then the following route, Norwich, Sheringham, Norwich, Lowestoft, Ipswich and back to Cambridge but due problems with the swing bridge at Reedham I had to change my plans. After the Lowestoft train was cancelled I went direct to Ipswich.
My aim is to try and do as much new track as possible, so I lost out from Norwich to Lowestoft and Lowestoft to Ipswich. So I'll try another day but take in the Felixstowe branch as well.
New class traveled in, was a 170. I found them very comfortable with general good views out of the windows.
