• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

E400 MMC routes in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temple Meads

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2010
Messages
2,283
Location
Devon
Hi, can anyone tell me which London routes are using E400 MMC's?

Haven't had a ride on one yet, and I might try to do it on a Travelcard soon.

Thanks in advance :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
I know they're on the 109 (Croydon to Brixton) and I've seen one on the 415 (Old Kent Road to Tulse Hill).

They may be on other routes now too, but the 109 I'm definitely aware of at the moment.
 

Antman

Established Member
Joined
3 May 2013
Messages
6,840
The Abellio ones are indeed on the 109, 350 and 415 as mentioned, also the N109 at night.

Further examples should be entering service soon with Go Ahead on the 135, Metroline on the 332 and Stagecoach on the 177.

Personally I think they are very nice buses, decent acceleration and a nice smooth ride.
 
Last edited:

317 forever

Established Member
Joined
21 Aug 2010
Messages
3,290
Location
North West
A little technicality is that those on routes 135 and 177 will be with Volvo B5LH chassis rather than "pure E400-MMC" as it were. Also, route 498 is due to gain some as a result of Stagecoach winning it.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,389
The Abellio ones are indeed on the 109, 350 and 415 as mentioned, also the N109 at night.

Further examples should be entering service soon with Go Ahead on the 135, Metroline on the 332 and Stagecoach on the 177.

Personally I think they are very nice buses, decent acceleration and a nice smooth ride.

And quite the most comfortable deep cushioned seats on the Abellio ones too. Arguably the most luxurious bus seats I have encountered for a while.
 

theking

Member
Joined
30 Sep 2011
Messages
626
The 498 ones will be the first fully diesel ADL E400 mcc

Also 499 will be the first diesel e200mmc route in London.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top