I was surprised to find I can't buy any e-tickets between Penshurst and Guildford. The ticket is routed via Gomshall.
Is this due to:
1. Fraud prevention
2. Southeastern, who price the tickets, not being interested in e-tickets (even though they are now publicly owned)
3. An oversight
4. Something else?
I thought, broadly speaking, the industry was keen for people to go paperless. Or does that only apply to some train operating companies?
Although the fare is priced by Southeastern, services from Penshurst are run using Southern-branded trains, which come under Greater Thameslink Railway.
Is this due to:
1. Fraud prevention
2. Southeastern, who price the tickets, not being interested in e-tickets (even though they are now publicly owned)
3. An oversight
4. Something else?
I thought, broadly speaking, the industry was keen for people to go paperless. Or does that only apply to some train operating companies?
Although the fare is priced by Southeastern, services from Penshurst are run using Southern-branded trains, which come under Greater Thameslink Railway.