• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

E-Ticket availability difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

stssts1985

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2022
Messages
77
Location
London
Hi there,

I am wondering why E-Tickets are available on some apps on some routes and not others. I regulary buy Off-Peak returns Cooden beach to London Terminals. On Trainline this is issued as an E-Ticket (as I believe it should now SouthEastern have e-ticket capability). However, on either the Southern or SouthEastern app and the travel booking tool I use via my work they are only available as collection only? Despite all 3 having e-tickets on other routes. I can't understand why there is a difference?

I've also noticed that London to Hemel Hempstead off peak day return used to be E-Ticket and is now collection only.

I hope that GBR can sort this out and find a way to make all tickets available E-Ticket

Any thoughts?

thanks
Sam
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,464
Location
London
Trainline ignore rail industry data and maintain their own database of journeys that e-tickets are available for.

This isn't always correct, as I've seen numerous examples of Trainline issuing e-tickets for journeys involving a cross-London transfer by London Underground.

If you identify a journey where you believe e-tickets should be available but aren't, either post the details here or look on BRFares to determine who sets the fare and contact their Customer Services team.

In the case of London - Hemel Hempstead, the ticket types changed last month to facilitate enforcement of the PM peak restriction at gatelines. It's likely WMT's Pricing Team overlooked enabling e-tickets when making the change.
 
Last edited:

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,300
I hope that GBR can sort this out and find a way to make all tickets available E-Ticket
GBR won’t be able to do anything about TfL being unable to deal with e-tickets - unless they happen to come up with the readies
for a change of TfL’s entire fit of ticket barriers…
 

OscarH

Established Member
Joined
15 Sep 2020
Messages
1,288
Location
Crawley
In the case of London - Hemel Hempstead, the ticket types changed last month to facilitate enforcement of the PM peak restriction at gatelines. It's likely WMT's Pricing Team overlooked enabling e-tickets when making the change.
WMT are generally pretty good for it, and are excellent at fixing them when made aware via the internal channels. I'll raise it with our internal contact on Tuesday

I've struggled in the distant past asking their public facing customer support - because Trainline power their site, they checked their site and didn't understand the question.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I've also noticed that London to Hemel Hempstead off peak day return used to be E-Ticket and is now collection only.
Where are you seeing this out of interest? They're enabled in the data (date is when the big batch was done for the new ticket types, not recent), and eg TrainSplit is showing it as eTicketable

I am wondering why E-Tickets are available on some apps on some routes and not others. I regulary buy Off-Peak returns Cooden beach to London Terminals. On Trainline this is issued as an E-Ticket (as I believe it should now SouthEastern have e-ticket capability). However, on either the Southern or SouthEastern app and the travel booking tool I use via my work they are only available as collection only? Despite all 3 having e-tickets on other routes. I can't understand why there is a difference?
Oh dear, Cooden Beach to London is a complete mess! Some tickets enabled, some not, when blatantly they all should be
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top