• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Duty free Schiphol Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Has anyone bought tobacco from Schiphol airport to the UK recently?

I'm just wondering how much roughly a 250g box of GV would cost, I can't find much info online.

Just wondering whether to get a box or if its pricey, just pick up a couple of 50g pouches from the supermarket landside instead.

Any help appreciated

James.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hornet

Member
Joined
16 Jul 2013
Messages
748
No Duty Free Tobacco Holland/UK. Duty/Tax Free Airport Shops are a Rip-off. Within the EU I've always found it cheaper to buy in a local store. On my last trip to the Canaries Wine and Tobacco was 50% cheaper in the local shop than the Airport, and, unlike Holland/UK the Canaries do Duty Free, (with the incumbent limits). Much bigger choice as well in the local stores.
 

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
I know last time I picked up a cheap box I was told I can't unless I was going out of the EU, I was pointed to the ones I could get within the EU but I couldnt remember how much it was.

There is a supermarket landside so I might see how much packets are there, will be spending this weekend at Schiphol so won't be going into Amsterdam itself.

Usually I opt to be a courier on our coach day trip to Guernsey so I can get duty free on the boat, but we only do it once a year.

Might have to drive to Poole one weekend and do a return trip to Guersney :lol:

Still, I wonder after brexit if that will change things?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top