Masbroughlad
Established Member
I am travelling to Cologne in a couple of weeks time. Flight times that I needed dictated that I fly into Dusseldorf and get the train from there.
I have researched and found that there is an hourly direct service from the airport into Cologne. There are also many regular services with one connection in Dusseldorf main station.
Few questions for anyone in the know:
1) Is there a cheap return ticket (for 2) available? Out 3/12 return 5/12?
2) Are all services run by DB (I see the direct one is)?
3) Are tickets interchangeable (if the answer to (2)) is some private services?
4) I take it there are ticket machines at Dusseldorf airport station?
5) Will a return be any cheaper than 2 singles?
Thanks in advance. Any other useful tips welcome!
I have researched and found that there is an hourly direct service from the airport into Cologne. There are also many regular services with one connection in Dusseldorf main station.
Few questions for anyone in the know:
1) Is there a cheap return ticket (for 2) available? Out 3/12 return 5/12?
2) Are all services run by DB (I see the direct one is)?
3) Are tickets interchangeable (if the answer to (2)) is some private services?
4) I take it there are ticket machines at Dusseldorf airport station?
5) Will a return be any cheaper than 2 singles?
Thanks in advance. Any other useful tips welcome!