• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Durham [DHM] to Glasgow [GLC] on an off peak return

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_c_skinner

Established Member
Joined
21 Jun 2013
Messages
1,701
Tomorrow.

What are the most interesting permitted routes?

Is via Carlisle and Dumfries permitted.

Andrew

(PS if this is the second time I've asked this a thousand apologies, I cannot find it if I did! :oops:)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cuccir

Established Member
Joined
18 Nov 2009
Messages
3,695
There's not a lot of variation.

It is valid via Carlisle and from there up the WCML only. It is not valid via Dumfries although if you can get a Newcastle-Glasgow ticket instead you could use the 13:23 or 17:16 trains from Newcastle-Glasgow via Carlisle and Dumfries under the direct trains rule. I suspect that a Durham-Glasgow ticket may well, in practice, be accepted on these trains anyway.

--
PS: the old thread is here. I don't think that the Manchester option suggested by CallySleeper there would work anyway because this based on a routing via Darlington, which fails the fares check and so is not a valid routing point for Durham in this instance.
 
Last edited:

CallySleeper

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2006
Messages
1,662
Location
trentbartonland
As I said yesterday Manchester is not valid from routing points Newcastle or Darlington because of the restriction quoted. Dumfries is also not valid however there are probably tickets to other destinations which you can buy which would make your whole journey via Dumfries valid.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top