• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

dubious use of booked assists???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goatboy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2011
Messages
2,274
I work at a multi million passenger per year (around the 5 million mark) mainline station with multiple permissively worked bi directional platforms with more than one entrance, slam door trains and so on

Worcester Foregate Street?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

quarella

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2009
Messages
820
Worcester Foregate Street?

Please remember that many forum users do not wish to publicise personal details including location for a variety of reasons which for those who work in the industry includes potential disciplinary action.
Public facing roles can cause additional risks and I know of two people personally who have had to get the police involved after people they had dealings with during their working day appeared at their home.
 

AlexS

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
2,886
Location
Just outside the Black Country
I personally am not bothered, however my employer has a social media policy whereby if I disclose in detail who I work for, what I do etc, every post I make has to be squeaky clean etc, which I'm not interested in as I like to have a rant occasionally, even if it's a silly rant :)

Therefore it's far easier just to not disclose it as I can be a bit more liberal with what I post then without bringing the company into disrepute. It seems to be a standard thing with most employers now.
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
That makes a lot of sense and the postings of those who adopt a similar approach to yourself are generally far more informative etc etc and of greater interest from a passenger/general enthusiast POV
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top