According to a TOPS list from a couple of weeks ago it's at Crewe.Does anyone know where 37422 is, please? I don't think I've seen it mentioned in the recent disposal lists.
Does anyone know where 37422 is, please? I don't think I've seen it mentioned in the recent disposal lists.
According to a more recent TOPS list a couple of Days ago, it's a Carlisle. So you pays your money......It was out with 425 and the Crewe / Carlisle snowploughs on the 20th
According to a TOPS list from a couple of weeks ago it's at Crewe.
It was out with 425 and the Crewe / Carlisle snowploughs on the 20th
Snowplough duties are keeping them active with DRS at the momentSee on a YouTube video 407/422 out on snowploughs this week. Thought drs had stopped using them or have they been sold on?
Also37424 moved from Carlisle to Crewe.
What will replace them on such duties?Snowplough duties are keeping them active with DRS at the moment
I have no idea as it will require locos with a high route availability for such duties. My guess would be that either DRS will relinquish the contract or just look to hire in locos for a few months a year - I'm sure Harry Needle won't mind helping out for a few gold coins each yearWhat will replace them on such duties?
Class 57's were used the other day to transfer them to Crewe - (video from facebook)What will replace them on such duties?
Do they have the same route availability as a 37?Class 57's were used the other day
![]()
144K views · 1.7K reactions | This Amber Snow Weather Warning ⚠️ is getting some folks prepared for action! 57308 'Jamie Ferguson & 57304 'Pride of Cheshire moving 2 Independent Snowplough from Carlisle Kingmoor to Crew. They will to put on standby
This Amber Snow Weather Warning ⚠️ is getting some folks prepared for action! 57308 'Jamie Ferguson & 57304 'Pride of Cheshire moving 2 Independent Snowplough from Carlisle Kingmoor to Crew. They...www.facebook.com
There’s some class 68s going spare now I believe. Do they have suitable route availability?What will replace them on such duties?
There’s some class 68s going spare now I believe. Do they have suitable route availability?
I don't think the 68s would be any good as the driver sits in the middle of the cab, He She wouldn't be able to see where they where going !There’s some class 68s going spare now I believe. Do they have suitable route availability?
What do you mean by that? The fact that the driver sits in the centre of the cab means that they should hve even better forward visibility than they would if sitting at one side of the cab.I don't think the 68s would be any good as the driver sits in the middle of the cab, He She wouldn't be able to see where they where going !
What do you mean by that? The fact that the driver sits in the centre of the cab means that they should hve even better forward visibility than they would if sitting at one side of the cab.
Ah yes....thanks. The post wasn't linked to the snow plough issue and there had been several other almost unrelated posts in between!I presume because the centre of a snowplough is solid - they have cut outs either side for visibility.
Ah yes....thanks. The post wasn't linked to the snow plough issue and there had been several other almost unrelated posts in between!
I noticed on recent videos second man and driver still leaning out of the side windows on the 37's for a better view!What do you mean by that? The fact that the driver sits in the centre of the cab means that they should hve even better forward visibility than they would if sitting at one side of the cab.
What will replace them on such duties?
Quite literally, there is nothing quite like a 37.57s and 68s are no good for many routes where 37s are used. More likely DRS will simply hire in 37s from elsewhere
I reckon they were leaning out to savour the thrash...... second man and driver leaning out of the side windows on the 37's for a better view!
It isn't clear if this is a general statement or specifically relates to plough duties. If it is a general statement then I don't know what these many routes DRS 37s operate on are.57s and 68s are no good for many routes where 37s are used. More likely DRS will simply hire in 37s from elsewhere
It isn't clear if this is a general statement or specifically relates to plough duties. If it is a general statement then I don't know what these many routes DRS 37s operate on are.
Except for some RHTT circuits, which are supposedly being replaced by units, DRS 37s haven't done much for years and DRS definitely don't have jobs that only require 37s.
Well it appears the last job DRS 37s have done is the snowploughs to Stockport and back to Crewe.Which routes? Which routes regularly see DRS 37s? Which DRS flows require 37s? The answer is none. except for a couple of season specific duties which are supposedly ending.
Not entirely… there’s still a number of IM coaches that, for the time being, are Blue Star wired.I should imagine they'd just rent some spare 37's off Colas / HNRC now that the HST's are taking over the test train work
Are any IM coaches actually wired with HST 36 way (except the NMT) or are they just blue star wired but use adapter cables to allow through HST power car control?Not entirely… there’s still a number of IM coaches that, for the time being, are Blue Star wired.