• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Droitwich Spa to Folestone Stns - looking for cheap options

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumrar

Established Member
Joined
26 Sep 2008
Messages
2,650
Location
Redditch
I'm helping a friend to get tickets for her Mum to visit, travel details are 20th Sep, Droitwich Spa to Folestone Stns, arrival time not really that bothered, wanting cheapest fares.

Although I can't check availability I found some £7 London Midland Advances to Euston, but then for London-Folkestone only Day tickets are available, so it doesn't work out any less in total than a SVH rte Any permitted from Droitwich Spa-Folkestone which is £34.90.

So, anyone know of creative ways to get the last leg to Folkestone done from London, just incase I can get some of the cheap London Midland advance tickets still? Thanks very much for your help.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
You could get a Droitwich Spa to Birmingham Day Single £6.30 then a Virgin + Connections Advance ticket on the 1210,1230,1330 Virgin Service, which currently are priced at £15.50 from Birmingham -Folkestone Looking at the connections it's routing via HS1, so a quick journey in all :D. That's looking on my phone so.can't give full iteinary.
 

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
But a SVH ticket can not be purchased as a single. It is only valid as part of a return with an advance for the other half of the journey.

Peter
 

mumrar

Established Member
Joined
26 Sep 2008
Messages
2,650
Location
Redditch
But a SVH ticket can not be purchased as a single. It is only valid as part of a return with an advance for the other half of the journey.

Peter
Durr, I even know that, so what was I thinking! Thanks for waking me up, I'll also check out the above too and see how it works out. Cheers.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Yes I have a way, however considering your profession, I'm not sure whether I should tell you. ;)

Edit:

In fact, scrap what I said above. The £15.50 Advance as mentioned by Sonic above can be had from Kidderminster. So only a single between DTW and KID is required, costing £3.60. This will be your cheapest option I would imagine, this close to the travel date.
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
But a SVH ticket can not be purchased as a single. It is only valid as part of a return with an advance for the other half of the journey.

Peter

I think you can buy one with an SOS as the other half as well, for what it's worth. Or you can buy a cheapest tier advance for two months' time and throw it away.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top