• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Drivers who need to utilise the...facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOCDriver

Member
Joined
24 Jan 2013
Messages
609
A while ago I was waiting on Preston station and a VT Pendolino was in the platform, being delayed awaiting a driver who was coming in on a late-running service. The late runner arrived and after about five minutes, the train manager of the waiting train was clearly becoming concerned about the non-appearance of the driver.
Eventually the (female) driver appeared and announced to the entire station (without the need of a pa system) "sorry I was burstin' for a wee!". Much merriment from waiting passengers....

I know a couple of VT female drivers and that doesn't surprise me. They're both very professional and both very customer friendly. She did the correct thing as far as I'm concerned.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyetraveller

Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
40
Absolutely agree with you TOCdriver - it was all done with a huge grin, anyone who may have been moaning about the wait was now laughing and any moaning about delays on the railway was forgotten.
 

KA4C

Member
Joined
7 Mar 2012
Messages
403
I know a couple of VT female drivers and that doesn't surprise me. They're both very professional and both very customer friendly. She did the correct thing as far as I'm concerned.

Yeap, no problem at all with that action by a driver
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top