• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Double TGV sets - rear set locked out of use

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltic

Established Member
Joined
8 Feb 2010
Messages
3,719
Presently traveling from Paris to Milan where the rear TGV set is locked out of use. Is this a common occurrence or is to provide extra capacity back to Paris for the Olympics. I seem to recall when I did this route a few years ago one set was dropped at Lyon but present service bypasses Lyon.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

StephenHunter

Established Member
Joined
22 Jul 2017
Messages
2,935
Location
London
I've seen it happen on a Freciarossa service from Milan to Basel - the rear set was locked out of use until Domodossola, with Italian police and soldiers standing between the two units on the platform doing checks on passports. I held up my photo page and passed through with no issue.

Ended up sharing a First Class carriage with the Inter Milan youth team.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top