Moderator note: Split from
www.railforums.co.uk
Dorking to Horsham has to be a very strong contender. That line is always extremely quiet. I have had at least ten occasions now over the years when I have had the entire train to myself for the whole journey.
There are rarely more than ten people onboard. You might get twenty maximum on some rare occasions. Even during peak times, I have had extremely quiet trains with just a couple others onboard. So even the peak trains are quiet.
I use this line regularly, and I think it has to be a contender for the least used line in the country.
It has always baffled me why it gets such poor usage considering it gets an hourly service and links two major towns.
Which railway lines are the least used in this country?
There are lists of the least used stations (currently Denton in Lancashire a town of 36.5k - why?) but I couldn't find one on the actual lines themselves, I'm not necessarily saying that any should be closed but which are the least profitable
Dorking to Horsham has to be a very strong contender. That line is always extremely quiet. I have had at least ten occasions now over the years when I have had the entire train to myself for the whole journey.
There are rarely more than ten people onboard. You might get twenty maximum on some rare occasions. Even during peak times, I have had extremely quiet trains with just a couple others onboard. So even the peak trains are quiet.
I use this line regularly, and I think it has to be a contender for the least used line in the country.
It has always baffled me why it gets such poor usage considering it gets an hourly service and links two major towns.
Last edited by a moderator: