SthlmDriver
Member
I've been driving the commuter trains in Stockholm for over a decade. We've always had a guard on board. The service is operated by Chinese MTR and now they are removing the guard from the trains, leaving me alone on board with 600ft of train and over 1.500 passengers.
I'd be happy to hear about your experiences with working like this and how stuff like evacuations, fire, torn powerline and people with disabilities have been solved, or, realistically, tried to be solved.
Our union is fighting hard against this, but MTR has been controlling the narrative by saying that the system works great in the UK.
Any input would be much appreciated.
I'd be happy to hear about your experiences with working like this and how stuff like evacuations, fire, torn powerline and people with disabilities have been solved, or, realistically, tried to be solved.
Our union is fighting hard against this, but MTR has been controlling the narrative by saying that the system works great in the UK.
Any input would be much appreciated.