I splurged and got a Flexi 5 days IR 1st class pass with the current promotion
I already got my Panorama seat reservation on the 0802 Bernina Express (bucket list) and a hotel night at Tirano (cheaper that most Milan hotels surprisingly)
My plan is as follows :
- Day 1 : Intercités de Nuit Paris-Nice
- Day 2 : Ventimiglia - Milan (Nice-Ventimiglia will be taken out of pass)
- Day 3 : Day-Trip to Lago Como (arrive 7am) - (Likely slow) ferry to Colico Piano (3pm) - RRB to Tirano
- Day 4 : Bernina Express
- Day 5 : Zurich - Home through Geneva and Lyon
I know Milan a bit, but is it worth to visit Lago Como (I do not intend to stay in Como and will probably village-hop a bit) for such a short stint?
I already got my Panorama seat reservation on the 0802 Bernina Express (bucket list) and a hotel night at Tirano (cheaper that most Milan hotels surprisingly)
My plan is as follows :
- Day 1 : Intercités de Nuit Paris-Nice
- Day 2 : Ventimiglia - Milan (Nice-Ventimiglia will be taken out of pass)
- Day 3 : Day-Trip to Lago Como (arrive 7am) - (Likely slow) ferry to Colico Piano (3pm) - RRB to Tirano
- Day 4 : Bernina Express
- Day 5 : Zurich - Home through Geneva and Lyon
I know Milan a bit, but is it worth to visit Lago Como (I do not intend to stay in Como and will probably village-hop a bit) for such a short stint?