• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dog on the Whitby line (04/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TreacleMiller

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2020
Messages
537
Location
-
I think if I saw a lone dog trespassing I’d tell a porky by saying I saw a chap nearby in pursuit which would then get a caution imposed & hopefully save the pooch’s life.

Where there is a pet, there is always an owner.....

Had people looking for a rabbit last year!
 

Trackman

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2013
Messages
4,298
Location
Lewisham
That's the danger of life. Southern dogs have co-existed with the third rail for almost 100 years.
Foxes don't fair too well in 3rd rail land, Dogs and Cats however apparently know about the dangers of the 3rd rail but not about wandering around in the 4ft. (There's a thread about this somewhere)
 

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,442
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
Many years ago DLR was interrupted by a swan on the track. The train steward happened to be in the front with the panel open and hit the emergency stop. They had to get the RSPCA to remove it, as it was too scary for the DLR guy sent to do the job!
 

Benjwri

Established Member
Joined
16 Jan 2022
Messages
3,327
Location
London
Many years ago DLR was interrupted by a swan on the track. The train steward happened to be in the front with the panel open and hit the emergency stop. They had to get the RSPCA to remove it, as it was too scary for the DLR guy sent to do the job!
The Elizabeth Line was shut down for a few hours just over a month ago because of a swan at Westbourne Park.
 
Last edited:

xotGD

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2017
Messages
7,888
I have to say that I'm more interested in Cats on Scarborough services than dogs on Whitby services.
 

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
44,413
Location
Yorks
Foxes don't fair too well in 3rd rail land, Dogs and Cats however apparently know about the dangers of the 3rd rail but not about wandering around in the 4ft. (There's a thread about this somewhere)

That's interesting. I'd have expected foxes to be more adept at such things !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top