Sorry, what's this in response to?
I wonder if said Mutt was wanting a lie down
Glad to hear thatIt seems to have moved now as we are moving.
Glad to hear that
Hopefully nothing more than the horn required to get it out of the way.
If the Third Rail had come into the equation, it'd have been a lot longer problem as they shut the power off to recover the poor thing.If that had been third rail, there wouldn't have been a problem for long
The what?prod it with the track circuiting stick.
If that had been third rail, there wouldn't have been a problem for long
I think I’m right in saying that Network Rail no longer caution for a dog on or near the line. Unfortunately the owner that is often not far behind which causes the issues.
I think I’m right in saying that Network Rail no longer caution for a dog on or near the line. Unfortunately the owner that is often not far behind which causes the issues.
Correct. Had to report this exact thing a few days ago. Pooch on the track, owner climbing to get it.
I assumed they'd just let the current do its work, same as with a badger or deer or foxIf the Third Rail had come into the equation, it'd have been a lot longer problem as they shut the power off to recover the poor thing.
When I see a dog and can't see an owner , I point out that one is probably quite near.I think if I saw a lone dog trespassing I’d tell a porky by saying I saw a chap nearby in pursuit which would then get a caution imposed & hopefully save the pooch’s life.
If the dog had got that far, it would have already done "it's work" expect southern dog owners are more aware.
The issue is the remains of the dog would then be on the line, touching the third rail, and therefore need to be removed.I assumed they'd just let the current do its work, same as with a badger or deer or fox
Surely that would be solved by the shoegear of the next train along?The issue is the remains of the dog would then be on the line, touching the third rail, and therefore need to be removed.

Correct.I think I’m right in saying that Network Rail no longer caution for a dog on or near the line. Unfortunately the owner that is often not far behind which causes the issues.
Reports say that the dog was using a rover to travel back to Kenilworth

Reports say that the dog was using a rover to travel back to Kenilworth
Reports say that the dog was using a rover to travel back to Kenilworth
1. That's a horrible job for the depot engineer who has to clean if if 2. The dog's more likely to take the shoe off than the shoe taking the dog off.Surely that would be solved by the shoegear of the next train along?