• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does/should shielding apply to the whole household?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2008
Messages
3,297
Location
Leeds
that bit does seem a bit counter-productive doesn't it?....that way you run the risk of transmitting it to other unsuspecting victims.Not exactly coherent advice.
If it's done as soon as symptoms begin and the social distancing has been carried on in the house, there should be very little possibility of that individual becoming unwell.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hooverboy

On Moderation
Joined
12 Oct 2017
Messages
1,373
If it's done as soon as symptoms begin and the social distancing has been carried on in the house, there should be very little possibility of that individual becoming unwell.
not really.
my understanding is symptoms are evident about 5-8 days after contraction.That's the dangerous bit about this virus,usually it's 2-3 days or so before you feel a bit groggy.

the other 2-5 days you might be carrying and not even realise.
 

Domh245

Established Member
Joined
6 Apr 2013
Messages
8,426
Location
nowhere
That's why even before showing symptoms, if you're vulnerable you should be trying to maintain social distancing and practising good hygiene. Minimises the risk that you catch it in the event of a member of your household spreading it asymptomatically.
 

Struner

Member
Joined
13 Dec 2018
Messages
927
Location
Ommelanden, EU
Sorry, only came across this just now
The thing is though that my mother does all the cooking/cleaning (last time I cooked something it was burnt, and the washer - it might as well be in double Dutch for all I know!)

Plus get a new TV? On a part time local government workers wage? You're having a laugh! Once my bills get paid (plus rent & poll tax)/the essentials have been got each month I only have enough money to commute to work!

I've even cut the pleasures on my salary deductions as far as I can - but I'm not getting rid of my union membership/pension contributions!)
I have a message for your mum:
255814-If-Your-Child-Can-Operate-A-Smartphone-They-Can-Use-Anyone-Of-These.jpg
 

Bayum

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2008
Messages
3,297
Location
Leeds
That's why even before showing symptoms, if you're vulnerable you should be trying to maintain social distancing and practising good hygiene. Minimises the risk that you catch it in the event of a member of your household spreading it asymptomatically.
Exactly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top