Box Machines = 455's, a term I used years ago for these, a couple of people used it for a bit, and I still call them that now and again!
Oh yes, Box Machines, I still use it occasionally. Most often when examining my NREA and I keep reminding myself in my head that I need to play another round of Box Machine Bingo next time I'm down that way
As for services, I started calling the 2310 (SO) Bristol to Frome 'The P*ss-ex' as it was a sort of drunk commuter train rammed with people who have drunk a lot from Bath to Trowbridge. In fact some of the morning peak hour trains were lightly loaded than this in comparison!
Oh gosh yes, the P**s-Ex, I remember that! A huge variety in motive power on that too, sometimes a single 150/2 or 158, sometimes a combo of the two, occasionally I remember seeing a 143 on that. 153s also made themselves available for it too I believe in combination with a 150 or 158.
Memory serves to tell me it was once nicknamed 'The Bash Ender' due to its role of being the last move of the day. For me, that title belongs to the 1919 Birmingham New Street to Hereford these days. In previous years it belonged to the 2059 Birmingham New Street to Hereford on Saturdays (that was when I didn't have to work a Saturday mind) and on occasions the 1722 London Paddington to Hereford, but that was when it had a workable connection out of the 1839 from Moor Street.
As for my own nicknames, the one I remember the most but not used in years was Virgin Vibrating Voyager (usually abbrievated to VVV), been a long time since I last used it mind.
Scuds was also used for 158s for a time I believe in the 90s. Starships was used in the Midlands I believe when the 323s were first introduced, but it was not well absorbed by the enthusiast community. However I like the nickname and use it fairly often.