This Orient Express is supposed to have been replicated in "painstaking detail" according to the Doctor...yet...
There are no ashtrays and no one is smoking![]()
When I went on the Orient Express there was no smoking. I do not recall seeing any ashtrays.
This Orient Express is supposed to have been replicated in "painstaking detail" according to the Doctor...yet...
There are no ashtrays and no one is smoking![]()
When I went on the Orient Express there was no smoking. I do not recall seeing any ashtrays.
By the look of the attire it was meant to be circa 1920's![]()
That's what I remember from Microsoft Train Simulator's interpretation of the Orient Express; smouldering cigarettes in the ashtray, gentle piano music, and the sounds of ghost people (because this was 2001, where rendering people in a simulator would've caused your PC to melt!).This Orient Express is supposed to have been replicated in "painstaking detail" according to the Doctor...yet...
There are no ashtrays and no one is smoking![]()
Hi all.
Watching the latest episode of Doctor Who, they land in an area of disused railway, with a railway station and canopy in the background, and the sidings are labelled Bristol Sidings (I think!) Does anybody know what this railway station was?
Edit: Mind, it looks in very good condition to be disused! And also, they go into a shed with various engines in
Thanks,
Brick60000
Not watched it since Jon Pertwee was Doctor Who, so afraid I'm out!
This episode may be worth a watch, it has a large setting around railway linesEven an animated train :P
Don't get too excited but there's a train with headcode display this week.
the sidings are labelled Bristol Sidings (I think!)
I believe the terrifying Christopher Ecclestone two-parter - The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances - were also filmed at the Barry Tourist Railway, where it substituted for a London goods yard.
"Bristol Sidings 344" to be precise.
Unsure what the 344 is meant to refer to (unless it's an in-joke I haven't got yet). It certainly wouldn't be a (realistic) milepost number, as even the dialogue refers to them being 120mi from where they should be. Even in metric it'd only be 193km...!
Don't get too excited but there's a train with headcode display this week.
As far as I'm concerned, it was another poor episode last night. I lost interest completely half way through. I can't put my finger on it but it seemed like I'd seen it all before.
The only good thing about it was the fact that Danny Pink didn't appear much.
The first train, which has the headcode A113, is an inside joke which appears in a lot of Pixar films and other TV animation
Room A113 is the 1st year Graphic Design classroom at California Institute of the Arts.
Has the BBC or a CGI subcontractor been recruiting internationally?
I will buck the trend and say that I've really been enjoying the programme this this year. Capaldi has been brilliant and the writing has been great.